a certificate in youth development leadership is also available. the certificate is designed to equip professionals with competencies that augment their bachelor’s degree in a related field. the certificate program requires a minimum of 15 graduate credit hours. each certificate student's course work will be determined by their academic training and their professional goals. however, all certificate students must take ydp 8000: foundations of youth development. download course descriptions.
students can choose among this list to complete the 15-credit hours required for the certificate:
- padm 8410 public data analysis 3 (3)
- ydp 8000 theories of youth development: an applied perspective 3 (3)
- ydp 8010 child and adolescent development 3 (3)
- ydp 8020 youth development programming in a contemporary society 3 (3)
- ydp 8030 creative and ethical leadership in a changing society 3 (3)
- ydp 8040 assessment and evalsuation of youth programs 3 (3)
- ydp 8050 youth development in the context of family 3 (3)
- ydp 8060 youth development in the context of a global and diverse society 3 (3)
- ydp 8080 grantsmanship 3 (3)
- ydp 8090 management of staff and volunteers 3 (3)
- ydp 8880 special topics in youth development leadership 3 (3)
- ydp 8890 independent study in youth development 1-6 (1-6)
- ydp 8900 the profession of youth development leadership 3 (3)
requirements for admission
students must apply for admission into the clemson university graduate school and the certificate program.
- admission to clemson university graduate school
- application is available online at www.grad.clemson.edu.
- submit application fee, resume, personal statement, transcripts and two letters of recommendation to the graduate school
- may be admitted as either a non-degree student or a youth development major
- admission into the youth development certificate program
- application fee
- acceptance by the youth development committee
students who are admitted into the certificate program as a non-degree student may decide to continue into the master of science in youth development leadership degree program. only 12 credit hours can be transferred into a graduate degree program; therefore, students need to complete the transfer process before completing the certificate program.
- earn an acceptable score on the graduate record exam.
- submit a letter of intent.
- transfer into the degree program before you complete the certificate program.