- visit home
- programs and events
- parking and directions
- area accommodations
- explore clemson
- field trips
- college of architecture, arts and humanities
- college of agriculture, forestry and life sciences
- college of business
- college of engineering, computing and applied sciences
- college of science
- health professions advising
- honors college
- school of computing
- school of nursing
- tiger band
high school group tour guidelines
to schedule a guided group tour of clemson’s campus, please see all information and guidelines below, then email tracey o’kelley at email@example.com or call 864-656-7697.
group tour details
times: monday through friday at 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. (excluding holidays, weeks of final exams and university closures). please note that we are unable to offer guided group tours during our peak weeks surrounding high school spring breaks and easter.
length: 1 hour. this is an outdoor walking tour. please dress comfortably for walking the entire hour.
group size: 60 students or less only — groups larger than 60 must split into multiple days.
group tour guidelines
- guided group tours are limited to high school aged students only. all students in the group must have already begun their freshman high school course work. we are not able to accommodate middle school groups.
- we require three weeks’ notice for all group visits.
- groups are encouraged to have multiple date options when calling to schedule their tour.
- group tour size can be no larger than 60 students. if a group is larger than 60, the group must split their visit into multiple days.
- all groups are required to have one chaperone for every 15 students in attendance.
- in the event that a tour group or group member is disruptive or rude, the tour guides and the staff at the visitors center reserve the right to end the tour. our guides are volunteers who take time out of their class schedules to share their love of clemson. please treat them with respect. the clemson university visitors center staff reserve the right to deny any future group requests from groups that do not abide by our policies.
- tour groups must give two business days’ notice when canceling or rescheduling a tour in order to allow for our staff and student volunteers to reschedule.
- groups should plan to arrive on campus 10 to 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time. late arrival may result in a modified campus tour or the cancelation of the campus tour, depending on time constraints.
- groups wishing to eat on campus may purchase breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of our main dining halls. groups can contract directly with aramark, our food service provider, to make arrangements to purchase meals by calling 864-656-2120.
- if you are interested in viewing a residence hall, please visit our housing website for a 360-degree look at all of the available on-campus floor plans. please do this prior to your visit in order to give your group a better understanding when the tour guide discusses the different housing options.
- bus parking near the visitors center is unavailable. your bus will need to drop the group off and then park in an alternate locations. please leave ample time to do this if the bus driver is part of your group and will be taking the tour.
- weather is unpredictable! please look at the clemson, south carolina, weather prior to your arrival. please wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella and water bottle with you, depending on the weather!
- if any special request or accommodation for a disability is needed, please let the tour organizer know at the time of the tour request so we can be fully prepared on tour day.